• All connections that are close to Australia (for instance, the Philippines) should connect using our alternative IP address.
    IP: aus.insanemc.net

The Bridge A compilation of suggestions

SkR10

Changes

• Fix the bug where death is registered as a player-kill even after respawning (This bug occures when a player dies naturally after respawning).
  • Remove fire spread.
  • Cancel damage and knockback that is inflicted by TNT if it is ignited by a teammate.
  • Each block type requires it's own tool (melons allow swords and axes).
  • [EDIT] Change TheBridge shop to use only one currency, which is emerald which can be bought using diamond, gold and iron.
  • [EDIT] Allow players to summon horses from the bridge shop, this could be a lot of fun.

Relocate the gold mines to the middle island (Emerald mine after the update)

• Pros:
    • By doing this, TheBridgeShop costs may stay as they are (as opposed to increasing them due to the huge difference in collection time).
    • The middle island would increase even more in value, therefore both teams would try to capture it as soon and as hard as they can, and the team which has better teamwork will succeed.
    • It would be fitting for Emerald Ores, because they are similar to Diamond Ores, in the aspects of the collection method and value.
    • Since Emerald will be as valuable as Diamond, it would make sense to be able to buy a complete Diamond gear from TheBridgeShop.
    • Iron armor will increase in value, since both teams will be fighting over the middle island, it will be more difficult to obtain Diamonds.
  • Cons:
    • Since there will be two ways to get Diamond gear (Diamond ores & buying the gear from the shop using Emeralds), the cost of any Diamond item in the shop must be twice the number of Diamond that is required to craft that item but in Emeralds.

Additions

• Add an option where you can choose the nexus damage sounds.
  • Allow the player to choose whether they automatically select the last-used kit or the default kit is selected (just like the old way but players choose whether they want it that way or not, through the settings GUI).
  • Add OG TAG to the game (It may help with the match making system if it is implemented as OG players have experience).
  • Add a shop item which allows the player to disguise any container as the block above it (OR a block that is clicked afterwards).
  • Add a shop item: Lunch pad.
  • Add shop items: Slime block, Cobweb.
Kits

• Porter
    • Equipment: Wooden sword, default equipment (without pickaxe or shovel), items to setup the portal.
    • Ability: The user marks a location as the entrance and then marks the second location as the exit, then he/she may use the entrance to teleport to the exit.
    • Pros:
      • The user may teleport from the entrance to the exit.
      • The user may change the entrance or the exit to new locations.
      • The portal remains throughout the whole game (unless the user changes the locations).
    • Cons:
      • The player may only make one portal,
      • It's a one-way portal, which means that the player may use the entrance only to teleport to the exit and not vice versa.
      • There is a limit to how far the exit can be from the entrance, perhaps 10 blocks.
      • Only the player who made the portal may use it.
      • The kit does not come with a pickaxe or a shovel.

• Tunneler
    • Equipment: Wooden sword, default equipment, An item to make tunnels (perhaps an iron shovel).
    • Ability: The user will be able to make tunnels efficiently.
    • Pros:
      • Instantly digs a (1 x 2) hole (the clicked block and the block below it are removed)).
      • The hole that is dug is surrounded by blocks, perhaps dirt OR the same material as the clicked block (Only if the player has the blocks in his/her inventory).
      • There is no limit to how many times the ability is used.
    • Cons:
      • There is a cooldown for this ability (1/2 second or 500 milliseconds)

Last edited:

NH9

Staff Member
Add an option where you can choose the nexus damage sounds.
We plan to keep the nexus sound how it is as the anvil sound before was annoying. However, I understand how it is difficult to hear if the nexus is being broken but there will be a resolution for this.

Add OG TAG to the game (It may help with the match making system if it is implemented as OG players have experience).
We like to keep the server roles clean but discord roles have OG tags

The kit suggestions will be taken account and will be discussed in the game design meetings.

SkR10

We plan to keep the nexus sound how it is as the anvil sound before was annoying. However, I understand how it is difficult to hear if the nexus is being broken but there will be a resolution for this.

We like to keep the server roles clean but discord roles have OG tags

The kit suggestions will be taken account and will be discussed in the game design meetings.
The option where the players may choose the nexus damage sounds that are played to them, please explain why this is not an option,

as for the OG TAG idea, to clarify, i specifically typed "TAG" and not "Rank" because ranks are for donors only, what i meant by TAG is simply a flag, what i am trying to say is, if the match making system is going to be implemented, take OG players into account.

Cesarelios

Fixes

• Fix the bug where death is registered as a player-kill even after respawning (This bug occures when a player dies naturally after respawning).
  • Remove fire spread.
  • Cancel damage and knockback that is inflicted by TNT if it is ignited by a teammate.
  • Each block type requires it's own tool (melons allow swords and axes).

Additions

• Add an option where you can choose the nexus damage sounds.
  • Allow the player to choose whether they automatically select the last-used kit or the default kit is selected (just like the old way but players choose whether they want it that way or not, through the settings GUI).
  • Add OG TAG to the game (It may help with the match making system if it is implemented as OG players have experience).
  • Add a shop item which allows the player to disguise any container as the block above it (OR a block that is clicked afterwards).
  • Add a shop item: Lunch pad.
  • Add shop items: Slime block, Cobweb.
Kits

• Porter
    • Equipment: Wooden sword, default equipment (without pickaxe or shovel), items to setup the portal.
    • Ability: The user marks a location as the entrance and then marks the second location as the exit, then he/she may use the entrance to teleport to the exit.
    • Pros:
      • The user may teleport from the entrance to the exit.
      • The user may change the entrance or the exit to new locations.
      • The portal remains throughout the whole game (unless the user changes the locations).
    • Cons:
      • The player may only make one portal,
      • It's a one-way portal, which means that the player may use the entrance only to teleport to the exit and not vice versa.
      • There is a limit to how far the exit can be from the entrance, perhaps 10 blocks.
      • Only the player who made the portal may use it.
      • The kit does not come with a pickaxe or a shovel.

• Tunneler
    • Equipment: Wooden sword, default equipment, An item to make tunnels (perhaps an iron shovel).
    • Ability: The user will be able to make tunnels efficiently.
    • Pros:
      • Instantly digs a (1 x 2) hole (the clicked block and the block below it are removed)).
      • The hole that is dug is surrounded by blocks, perhaps dirt OR the same material as the clicked block (Only if the player has the blocks in his/her inventory).
      • There is no limit to how many times the ability is used.
    • Cons:
      • There is a cooldown for this ability (1/2 second or 500 milliseconds)
First of all that is some nice thread, but I have to disagree with some of those points above. You listed it as a fix referring to some older server that each tool has to be used to break a particular kind of block. In Vanilla it is not like that, I had found it a little annoying sometimes and most importantly InsaneMC must not be like other servers. Then I would like to write about that OG tag addition. It is not always easy to identify those original players and just because one has been playing for years, does not mean that the player is good. For example, I am also some unknown, original player who has been playing The Bridge for a long time, but I am not really that good. Thus this addition would cause trouble because of difficulties in identification of OGs and to code the match maker like that is probably not easy, more work for the developers. As long as items, kits and amount of players are balanced, I do not think that there has to be a match maker which sorts players looking at their stats/qualities which again would be just too complicated (at the moment).

SkR10

First of all that is some nice thread, but I have to disagree with some of those points above. You listed it as a fix referring to some older server that each tool has to be used to break a particular kind of block. In Vanilla it is not like that, I had found it a little annoying sometimes and most importantly InsaneMC must not be like other servers.
It's not about "Other servers, new servers or the old server",
It's about Balance, what i mean by that is, some kits have really good pros and not enough cons, to balance the pros and cons, restrictions must be made to the tools,
For example:
Spy kit didn't come with shovels or shears.
my suggested kit, Porter, does not come with a pickaxe or a shovel.
Sprinter does not come with a shovel (or a sword).
etc...
Also if it isn't about balance, it was a core feature of the game.

Then I would like to write about that OG tag addition. It is not always easy to identify those original players and just because one has been playing for years, does not mean that the player is good. For example, I am also some unknown, original player who has been playing The Bridge for a long time, but I am not really that good. Thus this addition would cause trouble because of difficulties in identification of OGs and to code the match maker like that is probably not easy, more work for the developers. As long as items, kits and amount of players are balanced, I do not think that there has to be a match maker which sorts players looking at their stats/qualities which again would be just too complicated (at the moment).
You may have misunderstood what i meant,
The OG tag would indicate that the player is not new and has multiple years of experience,
the purpose of that is to prevent unfair gameplay, new players won't stick around if they can't play a fair game, and if that continues, the player-base will not grow.

to code the match maker like that is probably not easy, more work for the developers
The developers have done a HUGE amount of work to develop the server to what it is today (and are still working to make it better), i know for fact that such a system would require a relatively insignificant amount of work, considering that they already added experience levels to the player-statistics, all that is left to do is to implement a User Interface and perform some calculations with the experience levels.
All for the purpose of allowing players to play fair and attract more players as opposed to repelling them and to make this community grow.

if you still have arguments to make, please post them, as there may be improvements to be made.

Cesarelios

I had found it always annoying, when there was suddenly sand and I could not destroy it with my pickaxe, but I would not mind too much if it was made like this again. Also you say that it was a core feature. Where? On a different server than InsaneMC.

I do not think that the game is too complex, but there could be some hologram somewhere which explains the mini game if it is not there yet. It is helpful to be good at pvp, but I do not think that you need a lot of experience to play The Bridge and that single players can have that much impact on the gameplay. All the "good" people usually also cannot join the same team anyways which makes the OG tag system unnecessary.

SkR10

I had found it always annoying, when there was suddenly sand and I could not destroy it with my pickaxe, but I would not mind too much if it was made like this again. Also you say that it was a core feature. Where? On a different server than InsaneMC.
If you're argument is that the tools restriction was only in the older server, then it's invalid, Because TheBridge originated from the old server.

I do not think that the game is too complex, but there could be some hologram somewhere which explains the mini game if it is not there yet.
There are written signs, it would be good to have holograms instead of them.

It is helpful to be good at pvp, but I do not think that you need a lot of experience to play The Bridge and that single players can have that much impact on the gameplay. All the "good" people usually also cannot join the same team anyways which makes the OG tag system unnecessary.
i don't understand what lead to the conclusion that OG tag is unnecessary?,
the idea is to separate experienced players from new players.

Cesarelios

If you're argument is that the tools restriction was only in the older server, then it's invalid, Because TheBridge originated from the old server.

There are written signs, it would be good to have holograms instead of them.

i don't understand what lead to the conclusion that OG tag is unnecessary?,
the idea is to separate experienced players from new players.
ye but i dont think that the last point is necessary to have balance (and to the first point insanemc is not trying to recreate the old the bridge)

SkR10

ye but i dont think that the last point is necessary to have balance
Currently, players will try as hard as they can to join the team which has more experienced players,
it shouldn't be a competition to join a team, but that's the current situation and that leads to imbalance.
Also new players won't be able to face experienced players if they are in such games.
Just think about it,
Experienced players in separate game instances, which means that it won't matter which team you join because both teams have experienced players, it won't be a competition just to join a team and new players will play with others like themselves, which would mean that both teams have equal chances of winning, that's what's meant by fair/just/balanced.

(and to the first point insanemc is not trying to recreate the old the bridge)
yes insanemc is not trying to recreate the old TheBridge, they are aiming to create an improved version, you agree and i have explained why it would be better to have tool restrictions in that improved version.

Last edited: